World’s Largest Gold Mining Companies
World’s top gold producers by size (market capitalization)
1. Barrick Gold (NYSE: ABX) – Canadian company headquartered in Toronto. Operates 27 mines worldwide. See also the top 20 list of the largest Canadian gold stocks. Market Cap: $34.5Billion. Yield: 1.01%
2. GoldCorp Inc. (NYSE: GG) – Canadian company headquartered in Vancouver. Note the different ticker symbol for the ADR. GoldCorp is notable for its recent, fast growth rate and upward growth profile. Market Cap: $31.0Billion. Yield: 0.43%
3. Newmont Mining (NYSE: NEW) – Headquartered in Denver, Colorado (USA). Market Cap: $22.8Billion Yield: 0.85%
4. Kinross Gold Corp. (NYSE: KGC) – Canadian company headquartered in Toronto. Market Cap: $16Billion. Yield: 0.44%
5. AngloGold Ashanti Ltd. (NYSE: AU) – Headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa. Operates mines in Australia, South Africa, West Africa and South America. Market Cap: $16Billion. Yield: 0.34%
6. Agnico-Eagle Mines Ltd. (NYSE: AEM) – Canadian company headquartered in Toronto. Has a more international profile than GoldCorp. Market Cap: $11.5Billion. Yield: %
7. Gold Fields Inc. (NYSE: GFI) – Headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa and primarily trades on the JSE. Has operations in South Africa, Ghana, Australia and Peru. Market Cap: $10.3Billion. Yield: 1.37%
8. Compania de Minas Buenaventura (NYSE: BVN) – Headquartered in Peru and is Peru’s largest publicly-traded gold mining company, with significant domestic operations. With seven domestic mines, it makes for a great, pure play in Peru gold. Market Cap: $9.8Billion. Yield: 0.1%
9. Yamana Gold Inc. (NYSE: AUY) – Canadian company headquartered in Toronto. A relatively young company, having begun operations only in 2003. Market Cap: $8.8Billion. Yield: 0.33% For more information on Canadian gold stocks, see my list of Canadian gold penny stocks.
10. Lihir Gold (NASDAQ: LIHR) – Headquartered in Papua New Guinea with operations in Papua New Guinea, Australia and West Africa. Note the different ticker for the TSX: LGG. Market Cap: $7.1Billion. No dividend.